The Elysian Audio Server
The Elysian Audio Server (EAS) is an extension of the reference standard Digital Audio Server (DAS), machined from a single piece of aluminium, incorporating an integrated Pre-amp with remote volume control, single ended & balanced outputs and additional power supplies with improved isolation.
The EAS is a true reference design which has met our aim to produce an outstanding sounding, unsurpassed audio server and consolidate several very expensive units into one thus bringing true high end performance to a much lower price point.
The EAS is an audio server with an integrated pre-amp and is capable of driving a power amplifier directly, thus replacing up to 4 separate units (e.g. CD transport, DAC, pre-amp, PSUs) and interconnects.
The EAS is an extremely versatile audio server with four USB inputs, network capability through a LAN connection and an S/PDIF input. The EAS is primarily an audio server and the best performance will be achieved when files are accessed from a USB pen or HDD. Alternatively digital audio can be streamed from either a NAS, PC, tablet or smart phone over the LAN connection.
The CAAS EAS has been designed to produce the highest audio quality possible. This has been achieved through the following CAAS Audio proprietary technologies.
- World first "Rwave" - Ultra wide bandwidth circuit topology utilising microwave circuit design, layout and stability techniques providing superior signal path fidelity. Read More...
- World first "HDAC" - A NEW bespoke hybrid passive on silicon R-2R ladder DAC network, DC coupled to CAAS Audio's discrete true zero feedback (TZFB) class A buffer stage. Read More...
- World first "iTrans" - Bespoke 8 wire digital interface, featuring data buffering and an ultra low jitter clock, allowing near perfect data re-clocking and bit perfect I2S type digital signal transfer. Read More...
- World first "Fastpower" - 8 bespoke, discrete analogue regulated power supplies and 7 digital regulated power supplies. Read More...
- World first "CSD" - A single, ultra linear, true ZERO feedback, JFET Class A buffer stage with "NIDS" integrated DC servo topology for unprecedented distortion reduction. Read More...
- State of the art "SRVC" - 128 step, relay switched, fixed resistor volume control. Read More...
- State of the art - Remote control volume, input select and standby function, accessible via network connected smart device (tablet, smart phone etc...)
- State of the art - DC coupled from input to output (NO capacitors in the signal path).
- State of the art - Parallel 176.4k up-sampling R-2R DACs with data buffering and ultra low jitter re-clocking.
- State of the art - Triple transformer supplies for near perfect circuit isolation.
- NEW CAAS Audio's R-2R Hybrid Discrete DAC board (HDAC).
- Bespoke software based on the award winning open source Kodi (formerly XBMC) media centre.
- TIDAL music streaming support available via downloadable add-on.
- Play music from an external 3.5" hard drive or USB Pen (2.5" HDD not supported).
- Stream music over your network from tablets, smart phones and laptops. (Windows shares/DLNA/UPnP).
- Two analogue inputs, USB, LAN and S/PDIF.
- Sample rates up to 24 bit / 192kHz (16 bit / 96kHz S/PDIF)
- Accepts multiple file formats (WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE etc...).
- HDMI output for navigating music files on a flat screen TV providing a 10-foot user interface.
- HDMI CEC control via TV remote (CEC enabled TVs only).
- Alternate control through networked devices (smart phones, tablets, web browser etc...).
- Remote control volume, input select and standby function, accessible via network connected smart device (tablet, smart phone etc...).
- Parallel 176.4k up-sampling R-2R DACs.
- A single, ultra linear, ZERO feedback, JFET Class A buffer stage.
- A 128 step, relay switched, fixed resistor volume control.
- 15 regulated power supplies including 8 dedicated discrete regulated supplies.
- Separate transformers for the analogue and digital sections.
- DC Coupled from input to output.
- Available in All Silver or All Black.
- 350mm (W), 330mm (D), 80mm (H), 8.6kg.
"The retail on the gear the EAS replaces is around £19,000, he has listened to the EAS today, & was completely blown away by the sound quality & pure musicality it can deliver! I was present at the audition & I've never heard his Sonus Fabers sound so huge & open"
"I have tried the EAS directly to the power amp using its own volume control and that gives to me the purest result. It still is very good when connecting the fixed outputs to a very good preamp, but it is not needed to get really great sound from the EAS. I would recommend the direct to power amp connection as saving the expense and wires for a preamp is of course a big part of the EAS appeal."